Sri Lanka-China Society inter-school open essay competition
The Sri Lanka-China Society, as a part of their celebrations of the
62nd anniversary of the establishment of the People's Republic of China,
has arranged an essay competition open for students in the GCE O-L and
GCE A-L grades. This competition will be conducted in Sinhala, Tamil and
In each competition, the first three prizes will be Rs 7,500, Rs
5,000 and Rs 3,000. There will be three more consolation prizes of Rs
The Sri Lanka-China Society has the following guidelines for these
three essay competitions.
* Any student who has been reading for GCE O-L or GCE A-L by August
2001 may participate in this competition.
* The title of the essay is 'Sri Lanka-China relations in the past
* The essay should not exceed five pages of A4 size.
* The student competing must declare in writing that the essay is
written by the competitor. The college address and the private address
must be given.
* A certificate signed by the school principal stating that the
competitor is a student of the school by August 2011 and that the essay
was written by the competitor should be attached.
* The essays for these competitions must be sent under
registered-cover to the following address on or before August 15:
President, Sri Lanka China Society, 5, Sudharshana Mawatha, Nawala.
* All cash prizes and special prizes from the Chinese Embassy will be
given at a public meeting which will be held at the BMICH in the last
week of September 2011.
* Any decision made by the Sri Lanka-China Society regarding this
competition will be final.
* All students at the GCE O-L and A-L grades irrespective of the age
are invited for this competition conducted in Sinhala, Tamil and