Experimental dance theatre
The man in his day to day life experience and is trapped in various
social happenings. Relationships, love, marriage and education snares
people within certain limits and boundaries.
* Hasindu Randil Abeywickrama/ Aruna Shantha Rajathunga
* Thiwanka Lal Ranasinghe/ Manoj Preyadarshana
* Lalindra Dissanayake/ Nadeeka Tharangani
* Illme Hassim/ Lakmal Wathuyaya
* Swasthika Arulingam/ Chamal Virantha
* Aruna Priyantha/ S Dayalan
* Set & Costume Designer – M Safeer
* Music Director – Dumindu Kadigamuwa
* Creative Movement Designer – M Safeer
* Directed by – Aruna Priyantha/ Nadeeka Tharangani/ S Dayalan
from the play
and crew of the play
The play titled Barrels resembles life....sometimes is performed by
10 artists. They are all dressed in identical costumes. The music is
also provided by the artistes themselves. Various natural sounds effects
made by human and breathing sounds come to play in this act. Torch
lights of different intensities provide the lighting.
This is an experimental modern theatre art act. Originally this was
designed to be staged in a limited space and to a limited audience but
later it was modified to suit the Proscenium theatre.
The play’s closeness to the audience enhances its communication
ability. This model discusses some social situations in a different
dimension using barrels and body movements. The main medium used is the
body language. Instead of getting trapped to a certain language, the
subject matter of the creation could be understood by any one. This
gives a new vision for the local theatre art.
Barrels resembles life.....sometimes will represent Sri
Lanka at the Kathmandu International Theatre Festival. Inter Act Art
Black Box Theatre Presentation experimental dance theatre will be held
at the British School in Colombo on November 8 at 3.30 pm and 7 pm.