Ambalangoda paddlers steal the limelight
The Southern coastal town of Ambalangoda is known as the cradle of
table tennis in Sri Lanka.
Umaya Tharakie (Under-12 Girls Singles National Champion).
The Junior Table Tennis players from Ambalangoda came up with a
stupendous performance to steal the limelight at the Junior Table Tennis
Nationals worked off recently.
The paddlers from this coastal town brought honour and fame to their
home town by clinching nine titles in the tournament - a remarkable
Hashintha Sashiranga of Dharmasoka College, Ambalangoda clinched a
triple crown at the 62nd Junior Table Tennis Championships by winning
the Under 15, Under 18 Singles and the under 18 Doubles.
Ishara Madurangi (Dharmasoka) National Champion of Women’s
Dinusha Manoji of Devananda College, Ambalangoda bagged two titles.
She won the girls under 18 singles and doubles.
Nuwantha Niroshana of Dharmasoka won the under 10 and 12 singles.
Nuwantha Niroshana (Dharmasoka), Under-12 and 10 Boys’
Junior National Champion.
* Nuwantha Niroshana (Dharmasoka) clinched the boy's under 10 singles
and the under 12 singles.
* Hashintha Sashiranga won the boy's under 15 and under 18 singles.
* Umaya Tharakie (Dharmasoka) bagged the under 12 girls singles.
* Tharunya Sashini (Devananda) won the Under 15 girls singles.
* Dinusha Manoji (Devananda) won the Under 18 girls singles.
Hashintha Sashiranga (Dharmasoka) Junior National Champion.
* Dinusha Manoji and Ishara Madurangi won the girls Under 18 doubles.
* Malith Dilusha and Tharunya Sashini from Devananda won the Under 18
Anura Lal and Chathura Thushan coached the Dharmashoka and Devananda
paddlers and moulded them into champions bringing honour and fame to
Tharanga Sashini (Devananda), Under-13 Junior National