|Saturday, 15 September 2001|
Portfolios of Defence, Finance and Planning, Samurdhi, Media and Tourism and Aviation will be in charge of President Chandrika Bandaranaike Kumaratunga.
Minister Arumugam Thondaman who is now participating in a Conference in Singapore will be sworn in as the Estate Infrastructure and Livestock Development Minister when he returns to the country.
The other members of the Cabinet are:
* Prime Minister and Buddha Sasana, Cultural and Religious Affairs and Plantation Industries Minister Ratnasiri Wickremanayake.
* Trade, Industrial Development and Rural Industries Minister Ronnie de Mel.
* Agriculture, Forestry, Food and Cooperative Development Minister D. M. Jayaratne.
* Ports, Shipping and Fisheries Minister Mahinda Rajapakse.
* Public Administration, Home Affairs, Provincial Council, Local Government and Southern Development Minister Richard Pathirana.
* Human Resource Development, Technical and Vocational Education Minister Amarasiri Dodangoda.
* Health, Indigenous Medicine and Social Services Minister, Nimal Siripala de Silva.
* Urban Development, Public Utilities, Housing and Sports Minister Mangala Samaraweera.
* Lands, Irrigation and Power Minister Anuruddha Ratwatte.
* Posts and Telecommunications Minister Indika Gunewardena.
* Highways and Muslim Religious Affairs Minister A. H. M. Fowzie.
* Foreign Affairs Minister Lakshman Kadirgamar.
* Mahaweli Development and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Maithripala Sirisena.
* Justice, Ethnic Affairs and National Integration Minister Batty Weerakoon.
* Education and Higher Education Minister Sarath Amunugama.
* Development, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction of the North and North East Tamil Affairs Minister Douglas Devananda.
* Transport and Environment Protection Minister Dinesh Gunewardena.
* Development, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction of the East, Rural Housing Development and Women Affairs Minister Mrs. Ferial Ashraff.
* Labour, Youth Affairs and Mineral Resources Development Minister Athauda Seneviratne.
New Deputy Ministers are:
* Defence Deputy Minister Anuruddha Ratwatte.
* Finance and Planning Deputy Minister Mangala Samaraweera.
* Plantation industries Deputy Minister Nandimitra Ekenayake.
* Media Deputy Minister Alavi Moulana.
* Health and Social Services Deputy Minister John Seneviratne.
* Ports and Shipping Deputy Minister Reggie Ranatunga.
* Buddha Sasana, Cultural and Religious Affairs Deputy Minister Monty Gopallawa.
* Fisheries Deputy Minister Milroy Fernando.
* Housing and Sports Deputy Minister Jeevan Kumaratunga.
* Highways Deputy Minister Mrs. Pavithra Vanniarachchi.
* Trade and Industrial Development Deputy Minister Lakshman Kiriella.
* Samurdhi Deputy Minister Salinda Dissanayake.
* Education and Higher Education Deputy Minister Anura Priyadarshana Yapa.
* Indigenous Medicine Deputy Minister Tissa Karalliyadde.
* Rural Industries Deputy Minister Maheepala Herath.
* Urban Development and Public Utilities Deputy Minister Susil Premajayantha.
* Foreign Affairs Deputy Minister Harendra Corea.
* Agriculture and Forestry Deputy Minister Munidasa Premachandra.
* Tourism and Aviation Deputy Minister Shantha Premaratne
* Power Deputy Minister Felix Perera.
Produced by Lake House